Dragaera

Pepperfields (was: Why doesn't anybody *win*?)

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Sun Sep 8 03:01:08 PDT 2002

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 Starshadw at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 9/7/2002 5:00:09 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
>jhereg69 at earthlink.net writes:
>

>> Even if that title was once Morrolan's, wouldn't it revert back to
>> Aliera, seeing as she's the scion of the previous Duke?

>Not if the title is attached to the duchy.  If it is so attached,
>then it remains with the duchy.  Morrolan could bestow it upon one of
>his children if he so desired (once he has them, at any rate).

But the duchy is also hers, by right of inheritance.  Although the
rules of inheritance might be a little vague on the subject of someone
who was literally discorporated for ~500 years, I can see Aliera
claiming her father's properties and titles simply out of pride and
fpr the prestige, or Morrolan offering her them outright in order to
make her happy.

I am still uncertain whether or not he is Marquis of the Pepperfields,
since that title & associated lands is controlled by the Crown.
However, since Morrolan was instrumental in aiding the Crown in the
first place, I suspect the issue of whether they should go to anyone
else never even came up.