Dragaera

House Privileges

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Mon Sep 9 12:12:53 PDT 2002

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Nytemuse wrote:

>On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Chris Olson - SunPS wrote:
>> Well, we know from the books that fate tends to favor
>> houses that are closer to the top of the cycle than those
>> further down.  I'd say that's a perk!!
>
>Well, that's more of an unexplainable thing.  I'm talking about the
>behaviors and/or perceptions of the people actually changing,
>consciously or unconsciously.

That's an interesting thought.  Did Khaavren become infatuated with
Illista because he was young and she was pretty, or because she was a
Phoenix and he was unconsciously leaning towards a general feeling
of semi-worship towards all Phoenixes?

There does seem to be some slight evidence for greater general social
prestige for that House.  There was some mention of a very upper-class
restaurant that would actually allow Teckla in during a Teckla Reign.

Tangental thought:  Are all Teckla Reigns always Republics?