Dragaera

Warlord (was: Pepperfields)

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Mon Sep 9 14:46:40 PDT 2002

In a message dated Sun, 8 Sep 2002 7:53:58 PM Eastern
Standard Time, rone at ennui.org writes:

>{possible Orca spoiler}
>

>Gaertk at aol.com writes:

>> In a message dated Sun, 8 Sep 2002 5:01:08 AM Eastern
>> Standard Time, David Silberstein <davids at kithrup.com>
>> writes:

>>> However, since Morrolan was instrumental in aiding the
>>> Crown in the first place, I suspect the issue of whether
>>> they should go to anyone else never even came up.

>> Agreed; this is also the reason why I believe Khaavren is
>> the current Warlord.

> Given that he's supposed to be the head of the Special
> Tasks Group (at the time _Orca_ was written), that seems
> unlikely.

So who is Warlord then?  We know from _Yendi_ it isn't
Morrolan, Aliera, Setra Lavode or Sethra the Younger.  In
_Teckla_ Vlad recognises him by the fact he is an old Tiassa
leading Guardsmen.  In _Phoenix_ Vlad isn't surprised to hear
that the Warlord resigned (temporarily replaced by a Sethra).
In _Orca_, we're told he would have to have been ordered by
the Empress, and if so he'd just resign again.  Note the
reference to resignations and the implication that he takes
his orders directly from the Empress.

--KG