Dragaera

Questions about genealogy & stuff

Tue Oct 15 00:09:47 PDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 03:02:26PM +0800, Andrew Bailey <andrew at networkharmoni.com.au> wrote:
> Matthew Hunter wrote:
> >Now, it seems to me that if you had paid attention to the
> >irritating, always-underfoot, and yapping behaviors in a timely
> >fashion, you would have fewer issues with the floor being peed
> >upon.  But that's just me.
> >
> >(And let this example state a clear and compelling case *against*
> >a command economy!  The invisible hand of the market will
> >allocate its waste-disposal resources more efficiently without
> >the interference of a communal gatekeeper whose excretory needs
> >are not closely tied to the other individuals in his community!
> >Thus proven, ladies and gentlefolk: Communism results in a pile
> >of crap.)
> Ahh, but it could be equally said, that in a true free market economy
> the most effcient and cost effective method of waste disposal is to tip
> it out the window. so under said economy you end up spending your life
> wading through shit:)

Not so.  Wading through shit is a distinct negative, raising the
practical cost for that method of waste non-disposal.  Combined
with the demand for shit on farms as fertilizer, the cheapest way
to dispose of your shit is to sell it to a shit-collection
service, which will then sell it to the farmers, thus producing a
net profit from the sale of shit (and, if we may speculate,
creating the profession of "salesman"?).  Of course, honest
communists could never participate in such a capitalist system,
thus birthing the phrase "I ain't givin' you no shit," as a
synonym for honesty, and shortly afterward, the phrase "No
shit?!" as an expression for suprise, when they see it working.
And finally, exaperated capitalists can answer the communistic
demands for government shit to be given to the farmers by
withholding food fertilized with private shit, using the
now-immortal words... "EAT SHIT!"

--
Matthew Hunter (matthew at infodancer.org)
Homepage: http://matthew.infodancer.org/index.jsp