Dragaera

Questions about genealogy & stuff

Tue Oct 15 05:47:41 PDT 2002

Matthew Hunter wrote:
> Now, it seems to me that if you had paid attention to the
> irritating, always-underfoot, and yapping behaviors in a timely
> fashion, you would have fewer issues with the floor being peed
> upon.  But that's just me.
>
> (And let this example state a clear and compelling case *against*
> a command economy!  The invisible hand of the market will
> allocate its waste-disposal resources more efficiently without
> the interference of a communal gatekeeper whose excretory needs
> are not closely tied to the other individuals in his community!
> Thus proven, ladies and gentlefolk: Communism results in a pile
> of crap.)

Ah, but Matthew your argument presumes that the communal gatekeeper does not
have the same excretory needs as other individuals in his community.  I must
conclude that you have no young children or you could not have missed that
best-selling masterpiece of toddler non-fiction _Everyone Poops_.

> There, that should be inflammatory enough to draw a response.

For inflammatory, you should read _The Gas We Pass_, which came up as a
companion offer when I looked up _Everyone Poops_ on Amazon.

Casey