Dragaera

Casting _Jhereg_

Chris Olson - SunPS Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 25 10:04:39 PDT 2002

> I've actually been thinking someone else for Vlad -- Johnny Depp.
> Though now that I think about it harder, he might also be good
> for Khaavren. I liked him lots in both Sleepy Hollow and From Hell.
> The unassuming form that could kick some butt if it were in character.

Hmm... I'm not sure about Vlad, but I'm sure we could
find a place for him somewhere!

The other that comes to mind is Ewan McGregor.  Between
him and Depp, we'd have two of the most attractive actors
out there! (IMO:)

> I do have to admit that the image of Vlad muttering "Yippie-kay-yay,
> motherf*ckers!" right before laying waste to several someones is
> a somewhat pleasing thought.

This is frightening.  I mean, REALLY frightening.  I loved
Hudson Hawk, and even 5th Element.  But I could see either
of those two as Vlad-types before the "Yippie-Ki-Yay" type.
Not as much comedic timing in those...

:)
Chris

"Life is the nightmare that leaves its mark upon you
in order to prove that it is, in fact, real."
	-Thomas Ligotti- 'The Sect of the Idiot'