Dragaera

A question re: Begining Fantacy for Youth

Mon Nov 25 15:41:22 PST 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, H. T. wrote:
> >Actually, the first fantasy books I remember reading was _The
> >Vampire Diaries_ by LJ Smith
>
> Are these fantasy? Well, I suppose to say they are not would be like to say
> Celestia Quinn Yarbo is not Sci-Fi or to classify H.P. Lovecraft as only
> horror.

Yeah, I'd sure call it fantasy...her arcs involve fey, vampires, psychics,
witches, "Shadowmen", ghosts, and shapeshifters.  Like a younger Laurell
K. Hamilton, without all the sex *chuckle*
There are other series, Vampire Diaries happened to be the first I came up
with.  I have a section on all her books on my site at
http://www.crowfire.com/books/ljs/

I'd even say Yarbro is fantasy, albeit maybe too old...  "Castle in the
Attic" would be great, I'd bet, if he likes Arthurian stuffs and chivalry
and knights.  Or I also have to add my support for "The Last
Unicorn".  Everything else I can think of has already been suggested.

******
NyteMuse

"Call her life unnatural, feel her undead breath.
Color her black for sorcery, color her gray for death."
AIM: NyteMuse139 / ICQ: #21966269 (NyteMuse)
MSN: NyteMuse / Yahoo!ID: NyteMuse
http://www.crowfire.com