Dragaera

A question re: Beginning Fantasy for Youth

Tue Nov 26 10:21:12 PST 2002

David Goldfarb wrote:
> Um, I'm sorry, but if we have to use spoiler space for classic works
> of literature that are a half-century old, then we have to use spoiler
> space for EVERYTHING; and in my humble opinion that is just not
> reasonable.
> (I'm envisioning putting in spoiler space before talking about how
> Jesus came back from the dead....)

OTOH, LotR is receiving a fairly significant bit of new readership due to
certain cinematic adaptations.  The NT has had no such dramatic first or
second order change in readership.  I'd say that at this point FotR is fair
game without spoiler warnings, but significant events of TT and RotK are
worthy of some respect.

I will say what I said to NyteMuse on the particular incident.  By the time
you get to that part, it shouldn't matter that it was mentioned here.

Casey