Dragaera

A question re: Beginning Fantasy for Youth

Tue Nov 26 10:24:29 PST 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:21:12PM -0500, Casey Rousseau <casey at trinityhartford.org> wrote:
> OTOH, LotR is receiving a fairly significant bit of new readership due to
> certain cinematic adaptations.  The NT has had no such dramatic first or
> second order change in readership.  I'd say that at this point FotR is fair
> game without spoiler warnings, but significant events of TT and RotK are
> worthy of some respect.

Um, no.  The books are available and have been for *decades*.

This is the problem with spoiler space... someone is always
spoiled, so you can't discuss anything without spoiler space,
so you may as well just mark the whole LIST as a spoiler.  It's a
useful courtesy in certain narrow cases; it's not appropriate as
a general policy for readily-available books.

--
Matthew Hunter (matthew at infodancer.org)
Homepage: http://matthew.infodancer.org/index.jsp