Dragaera

Straw Poll about "Reply-to" (was: Damiano's Lute)

Thu Nov 28 19:20:53 PST 2002

(Heavy snipping by TKY.)

First, a suggestion.  When you intentionally send a private reply,
please try to say so, so the recipient doesn't have to query you to
check if you meant it to be private rather than public.

[re:  List headers should have the list address set as reply-to]

Lydia Nickerson <lydy at demesne.com> wrote of DDB:
> [...]

David Dyer-Bennet replied:

David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net> clarified:
> It's the word "immovable" that I'm taking issue with.

Well, it won't necessarily convince anyone, but let's have a little poll:

1. Have you accidentally sent a private reply instead of posting to
   the list?

1'. Have you accidentally posted to the list instead of sending a
    private reply?

2. Have you received an accidental private reply that was meant to go
   to the list?

3. When you get a message that was sent to you instead of the list, do
   you feel obliged to query the sender to ask him or her if it was
   meant to private instead of to the list?

4. Has the Reply-To behavior of this list caused you confusion when
   posting to other mailing lists, perhaps even causing you to
   accidentally send a private e-mail instead of posting or vice
   versa?

5. How do you feel about the Reply-To behavior of this list?
   Do you
   + love it
   + like it
   + don't much care