Dragaera

The Religion Debate

Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com
Fri Nov 29 10:03:56 PST 2002

Alex Nixon wrote:
> Post Script: Christ David, you really despise religion in all of its forms.
> I have one question: Where you beaten up as a child by a group consisting of
> Christians, Buddhists, and Greco-Roman Pagans?  'Cause this really is a
> whole lot of hate over something that's easy to ignore.

Easy to ignore?  I Don't Think So.  When the President of the US (Bush
the elder) vilifies a whole set of people for not sharing his belief in
God, that's tough to ignore.  When I'm confronted with the assumption of
such belief every time I turn around, simply because 99.9% of Americans
share it and assume, unthinkingly, that _everyone_ shares it, that's tough
to ignore.  When I am insulted as an individual and as a member of a
minority for not believing in any kind of religion, _that's_ tough to
ignore.  And on top of all that, I live in Southern California, which may
be one of the least religious areas of the US.

"Easy to ignore?"  Where have _you_ been living?
--
Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/