Dragaera

Straw Poll about "Reply-to" (was: Damiano's Lute)

Fri Nov 29 18:58:11 PST 2002

Mark A Mandel wrote:

> On 29 Nov 2002, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>
> #It's been suggested that mail clients implement "reply to sender" as
> #yet another workaround.  However, the easiest solution is simply to
> #implement the RFC defining message headers giving posting, subscribe,
> #and unsubscribe addresses.  I know Pegasus mail imlements that one,
> #for example.  Then you can click on a button to do the precise thing
> #you want.
>
> You have buttons?
>
> I have a slow dialup connection, so I do my email and newsgroups through
> a tty-emulation text-only connection, using pine and tin. In order to
> send this reply to the list I had to answer affirmatively to pine's
> question "reply to all?", which I have set to default to "no", which is
> appropriate for most non-list mail. If I had forgotten to do that when
> starting the reply, my only clue that I was replying off-list would be
> negative: the absence of

The obvious solution is to drop pine and tin and use emacs as a mail
client (emacs uses proper termcap updating, so it shouldn't flood your
connection).  Then you can do a one-time adjustment via elisp for
replying to this list and you're away free.

Along the lines of the religion thread: M-x all-hail-emacs.

James Burbidge			jamesandmary.burbidge at sympatico.ca