Dragaera

The Great Debate....to DDB

definitely what rone at ennui.org
Sun Dec 1 17:09:21 PST 2002

Lydia Nickerson writes:
  At 8:17 PM -0800 11/30/02, definitely what wrote:
  >David Dyer-Bennet writes:
  >   People complain about the actions of "the TV industry" and all sorts
  >   of other groups all the time.  And it's far *more* fair to blame an
  >   organiztion that claims to promote morality for the moral outcomes of
  >   its actions.
  >But is the organization the ideology?  The Church may be accountable,
  >but is the religion?
  This is just getting weird.  You seem to be arguing that the leaders
  of a church are separate from the doctrine that they preach, and that
  both are separate from the practice of the congregation.  At the same
  time, you are arguing that this very same religion is responsible for
  the good actions of the adherents.

I am arguing the former, but most definitely not the latter.  I can
only wonder where you arrived at such a conclusion.

rone
--
New from the makers of Li'l Swimmers:  Li'l Eaters.  Edible underwear
that looks just like Mommy's and Daddy's!		- Kibo