Dragaera

If Nintendo calls, i'm not here

Tue Dec 3 06:30:41 PST 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 09:14, Davis, Iain E. wrote:
> [...]

The wording in FHYA almost contradicts itself.  On page 529, Sethra
teleports the Orb out, then "Aliera ... reached out for Mario.  Sethra
reached out for them both."   This leads me to say Sethra intentionally
teleported Aliera AND Mario out.   However, on pages 535-537, where
Paarfi actually talks about the teleport, he only mentions Sethra and
Aliera being teleported out.  Then, on page 538, Paarfi mentions that
due to no ones planning, Mario ended up getting caught in Sethra's
teleport spell, although no one is sure where he ended up.

All in all, I'd say he accidently got included due to Aliera grabbing
onto him as Sethra was teleporting her out.  It's somewhat believable
considering someone's clothing and whatnot gets teleported with them,
and Sethra wasn't exactly over-practiced in this spell when she
performed it.  She wouldn't have had the percision and accuracy with the
spell that she probablly has in Vlad's time.

As an interesting side note, its likely that the entire reason Aliera's
soul got ripped away and the teleport went so wonky is that Sethra had
only pulled in the energy to teleport two people (Aliera and herself),
but adding in Mario was just a bit much, and as a result Aliera's soul
got ripped away.  Or, to me a romantic philosopher about it, maybe
Aliera's soul was reaching out to Mario during this time of crisis, and
as Mario's extra mass caused the spell to go aray and send him
elsewhere, Aliera's soul followed him and left her own body in the
process.

Jag