Dragaera

Paths of the Dead *spoilers*

Fri Dec 6 15:38:51 PST 2002

The following will provide spoiler space:

Such a good read! But now I’m feeling inclined to go back and read TPG and
FYA again because now I realize how much I forgot of them :\ ... didn’t
realize it until I was about half way through PoD. I can’t wait for the next
one.... it really stinks having to wait, oh but then, the anticipation is
fun I suppose... sort of like being young again and waiting for x-mas...
which reminds me after I went to the store stood in line to buy the book my
friend that was with me said that he thought I had looked and acted like
when he was 7 and was waiting in line to buy that new GI-Joe that had just
came out...I wonder if anyone else acted the same way.. but then I have a
habit of acting like I’m 2 so maybe not...

In re: to this topic line:

>Gimme more!

Yeah yeah, heh heh, gimme more!

<space>

Oh, oh, did anyone else have an “Alice in Wonderland” sense at Zerika’s
characterization in the Paths, it made me feel like when Alice is walking
around Wonderland right before she meets the Cheshire cat... odd
sensation... “Oh my, that branch has wrapped itself around my leg, whatever
shall I do? Now let me look at this reasonably because as _____ always says
to reason is a virtue, and we’d want to live with virtue so it seems right
to look at this reasonably...” :)

Okay, well here’s a few of my questions, though I know I have more and just
can’t think of them all since I’m at the office and AFB (some by the way we
all know the answers to, but I still feel the need to have them answered...
like one of my professors is always screaming at everyone “it’s not just the
answer it’s the how and why it is that way that’s important... the
analysis!”):

Okay... eh, hem, <lowering my voice about four octaves and making it sound
like the narrator at the end of a 1930's radio program or a 1960 or 70's
television program – like at the end of Batman or Buck Rogers in the 25th
Century>

“Well kiddies what do you think?

Will Morrolan ever reach his ancestral home lands?

Will Sethra be forced to fight the Jenoine at Dzur Mountain?

If she does how will the necromancer assist in the fight?

Will Kana oppose Zerika’s right to the throne even though she carries the
orb?

What will become of Ibronka and Roaana? Roaana and Piro? Khaavren? Daro?

What part will Khaavren play in the fight against the Jenoine if any? In the
reconstruction of the Empire?

What will become of our dear friend Pel, will he turn like a Yendi from Kana
and follow Zerika, or will he just like a Yendi defy the Empire? What are
his true intentions?

What will Aerich’s role play, will he make up his mind between what he
believes is right and what is wrong?

Will the Empire be rebuilt as strong as it was?

How does Adrilankha become the capital of the Empire? Do Kaahvren and Daro
give up their lands?

Who is the other living Phoenix? [emmm, unless I am forgetting something
here, which is probable considering I usually have a pretty shotty memory]

How does Morrolan finally truly acquire black-wand [If I recall correctly
when he bloody’s his sword for the first time it didn’t say he was carrying
black-wand, Paarfi just says that the story of how he obtained it goes
something like ...]? Who is his ‘soul-mate’? Could it be the goddess Verra
herself?

What will become of Orlaan and her wild bunch of bandits?

How is sorcery returned to the Empire? Does it automatically happen with the
recovery of the orb?

How exactly did or does Morrolan help in rescuing Zerika from the Paths of
the Dead? By tracking his way through the East? Or is something more to
come?

Will the Empress Zerika become untired?

Hopefully all these questions and more answered next time on the Wonderful
World of Sir Paarfi of Roundwood, translated by none other than the
magnificent magician Steven Brust...”

*commercial*

*Credits rolling, then a lady’s voice says: “For more information on
Dragaerean history including some answers to these questions and more and
read the Vlad Taltos series also translated by Steven Brust, PJF, or visit
your local Empirical library.” *

Adieu,

~Holly~

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." ~ Oscar
Wilde