Dragaera

Paths of the Dead *spoilers*

Sat Dec 7 08:28:11 PST 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 18:38, H. T. wrote:
> The following will provide spoiler space:
>
> Such a good read! But now I’m feeling inclined to go back and read TPG and
> FYA again because now I realize how much I forgot of them :\ ... didn’t
> realize it until I was about half way through PoD. I can’t wait for the next
> one.... it really stinks having to wait, oh but then, the anticipation is
> fun I suppose... sort of like being young again and waiting for x-mas...
> which reminds me after I went to the store stood in line to buy the book my
> friend that was with me said that he thought I had looked and acted like
> when he was 7 and was waiting in line to buy that new GI-Joe that had just
> came out...I wonder if anyone else acted the same way.. but then I have a
> habit of acting like I’m 2 so maybe not...
>
> In re: to this topic line:
>
> >Gimme more!
>
> Yeah yeah, heh heh, gimme more!
>

> <space>

> “Well kiddies what do you think?

Very good.  Unfortunately it was obviously written for all three volumes
to be handled as a whole, so I'm sitting here waiting for the next
installment so that I can see how certain plot threads end.

> Will Morrolan ever reach his ancestral home lands?

This is rhetorical, right?

> Will Sethra be forced to fight the Jenoine at Dzur Mountain?

At one point or another, almost certainly.

> If she does how will the necromancer assist in the fight?

Well, she did in Issola, don't see why she wouldn't beforehand as well.

> Will Kana oppose Zerika’s right to the throne even though she carries the
> orb?

Interesting question.  I'm betting his ego's been boosted enough by this
point that he will.  Afterall, he is a dragon, and we know the Keiron
and Adron both tried to take the Orb when they shouldn't.

> What will become of Ibronka and Roaana? Roaana and Piro? Khaavren? Daro?

Hmm...   Piro will almost definately end up with Roaana, if they both
live through events.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Ibronka end up with
Shant, but then I wouldnt' be surprised to see them not get together.

Khaavren will go do something important, and I wouldn't be surprised to
see Daro at Zerika's court.

> What part will Khaavren play in the fight against the Jenoine if any? In the
> reconstruction of the Empire?

Probablly more in the reconstruction than fight against the Jenoine.

> What will become of our dear friend Pel, will he turn like a Yendi from Kana
> and follow Zerika, or will he just like a Yendi defy the Empire? What are
> his true intentions?

I'd hate to see the four friends end up on opposite sides.
Unfortunately I've never read any of Dumas' works.  If there's anyone
who has, want to make a guess based on them (specifically the three
muskateers)?

> What will Aerich’s role play, will he make up his mind between what he
> believes is right and what is wrong?

Must have missed something.  I didn't realize he was confused on that
point.

> Will the Empire be rebuilt as strong as it was?

Seems pretty strong in Vlad's days.

> How does Adrilankha become the capital of the Empire? Do Kaahvren and Daro
> give up their lands?

They don't have to give up their lands to let Adrilankha be the
capital.  They would just have no control over the Imperial parts of the
city, such as the palace.

If you remember Redface in PG, there were two manors right next to each
other.  One was for Redface, and the other was for the holding size one
lower that the Redface manor happened to be located in.

> Who is the other living Phoenix? [emmm, unless I am forgetting something
> here, which is probable considering I usually have a pretty shotty memory]

That's a very good question.  Especially as the Gods seem to be the only
ones aware of such a person.

> How does Morrolan finally truly acquire black-wand [If I recall correctly
> when he bloody’s his sword for the first time it didn’t say he was carrying
> black-wand, Paarfi just says that the story of how he obtained it goes
> something like ...]? Who is his ‘soul-mate’? Could it be the goddess Verra
> herself?

As for blackwand, I think it'll be at the bottom of a lake.  Possibly
ala King Arthur (working with a Goddess, getting a very powerful sword
>from a lake, and being Heir to the throne).

> What will become of Orlaan and her wild bunch of bandits?

Maybe they'll run into Morrolan.  The discrpencies between Taltos and
PotD have to be worked out somehow.

> How is sorcery returned to the Empire? Does it automatically happen with the
> recovery of the orb?

I would think so.  However, there's an interesting question I've always
had.  How does the Orb know who is a citizen of the empire?  Will all of
the old citizen's immediately get access to the Orb?  Or will that only
happen once they give their allegience to Zerika?

> How exactly did or does Morrolan help in rescuing Zerika from the Paths of
> the Dead? By tracking his way through the East? Or is something more to
> come?

There's a big discrepency.  I'm wondering if maybe Morrolan really was
there, but Paarfi didn't realize it, so pretended that Morrolan just
passed them by.  Let's see where Morrolan starts out the next book,
maybe he'll be in a place where he could have easily been with Piro and
the others at the top of the Paths.

Somehow, I don't think Morrolan would completely lie about being to the
Paths before.

Jag