Dragaera

Artificial release dates and online publishing

Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com
Thu Dec 12 22:55:50 PST 2002

Scott Ingram wrote:
> Why do you believe life + 50 is excessive? The only reason I can see that
> being excessive is in an effort to avoid inadvertant plagiarism.  I believe
> Spider Robinson wrote a short story proposing that there were a limited
> number of pleasant melodies out there and that copyright was crippling human
> creativity.

"Melancholy Elephants" by Spider Robinson, yes.

One that sticks in the mind.  Apropos, too, at the moment.  We've now
got what amounts to indefinite copyright, as Congress continues to extend
it bit by bit.

Hopefully Supreme Court decision on the Eldred case will alleviate that...
--
Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/