Dragaera

I just had a thought

Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com
Mon Dec 16 07:11:50 PST 2002

Casey Rousseau wrote:
> FotR is a great flick.  I haven't yet seen the longer edition that's on the
> Platinum edition DVD.

I have! :-)

> It may add back the one major character (Tom
> Bombadil) and two or three chapters that were not in the theatrical release,

Nope, no new characters.  The really notable bits are that the initial
sequence with Bilbo (before Gandalf arrives) is longer and Galadriel's
gift-giving sequence is back.  (I may be forgetting something, though;
I'm still on my first cuppa this morning.)  There are also a bunch of
added bits that amount to ten seconds here, thirty seconds there, a minute
over there, none very much in themselves but they add a lot to the movie.
--
Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/