Dragaera

Morrolan & Zerika (POTD spoilers)

Tue Dec 17 07:49:52 PST 2002

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 10:39:16AM -0500, Mark A Mandel wrote:
> On 17 Dec 2002, Jag wrote:
>
> #
> #>
> #> S
> #> P
> #> O
> #> I
> #> L
> #> E
> #> R
> #>
> #> S
> #> P
> #> A
> #> C
> #> E
> #>
> #> S
> #> P
> #> O
> #> I
> #> L
> #> E
> #> R
> #>
> #> S
> #> P
> #> A
> #> C
> #> E
> #>
> #> S
> #> P
> #> O
> #> I
> #> L
> #> E
> #> R
> #>
> #> S
> #> P
> #> A
> #> C
> #> E
> #>
> #> S
> #> P
> #> O
> #> I
> #> L
> #> E
> #> R
> #>
> #> S
> #> P
> #> A
> #> C
> #> E
> #>
> #>
> #As far as Blackwand goes.. there's also the possibility that Blackwand
> #has already been "forged".  Godslayer is the only Great Weapon we've
> #seen be created, however, Vlad is not the only person we've seen get a
> #Great Weapon.   My personal theory is that at one point prior, Godslayer
> #was whole, but was then torn apart.  (Who knows, maybe they didn't like
> #the founder of the Jhereg having one of the most powerful Great
> #Weapons)  So I think Godslayer was somewhat of a special case.
>
> ISTR something about Godslayer being specially created to tear through
> the Jenoine's defenses. OTOH, that may (or may not) have been a fan's
> comment on this or another list, rather than textev; I'm AFB.

Here is my recollection.

Godslayer was created by the Seroli as a weapon aimed at the
Gods.  The gods attempted to destroy it, and failed, and in
doing so broke it into pieces, one of which was Spellbreaker.
[Dragon:  Vlad's conversation with the Seroli when with Morrolan]

The other piece is ambigious.  Was it the Morganti weapon the
Jenoine gave Vlad, or was it Teldra's soul?

It just happens to turn out that Great Weapons work as well on
Jenoine as the Gods, and so now the Gods have managed to arrange
to use the against the Jenoine.
[Issola: Sethra's discourse to Vlad in the beginning]

In particular, Godslayer is designed to kill either of them,
whereas with the other Great Weapons it appears to be a side effect.
[Issola: Vlad's comment on on how he saw and went through the
Jenoine defenses because of the nature of Godslayer vs Pathfinder
or Blackwand, combined with the comments on Great Weapons by
Sethra]

Clearly some of this is supposition, and all of it is
>from memory, as I am also AFB, but I think it's correct.

-Jot
--
Jot Powers 	<books at bofh.com> 		http://www.bofh.com/books/
"I'm upping my standards, so up yours!"