Dragaera

Brust books you didn't like (was: Where did you begin?)

Fri Dec 20 08:33:27 PST 2002

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:17:49 -0600
Mia McDavid <mia_mcdavid at attbi.com> wrote:

> Andrew Lais said a lot of good things . . .
>
> yes.  In fact, I *do* read a lot of things that contain text or subtext
> I don't agree with.  (Yes, btw, the Great Divorce is one of Lewis' best
> things.) I just couldn't get past what I saw as snarky, conceited
> atheism in TRiH.  I didn't even get very far.  I may be all wrong.
>
> The world is too full of books I *want* to read . . .
>
> Mia

I agree. Life is too short for some books. Like reading The 5th book of Silverberg's Majipoor series. It was too dense and took too long to weed through pages long paragraphs. Enough! I moved on. This is how I felt with The Phoenix Guards. It is fine writing but its just too slow for me to plow through.