Dragaera

The Plot is Discussed *spoilers for PotD*

Tue Dec 31 18:02:01 PST 2002

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:25:46 -0800, you wrote:

>At 09:54 AM 12/31/2002 -0500, Jag wrote:
>

>*** Spoiler Space -- PotD ****
>

>*** Spoiler Space -- PotD ****
>

>>PotD, bottom of page 114, top of page 115.  Khaavren is talking to
>>Kytran.  Khaavren mentions that Sethra had contacted him and told him to
>>prepare his son for a journey.  And on page 88, we see that this
>>original message to Khaavren, from Sethra (making a small assumption,
>>but I see no reason to doubt it) came before Zivra left Adrilankha.  We
>>don't know if it came before or after Zivra's guardians had heard from
>>Sethra (it probablly came at the same time), but we do know that Piro
>>was on the guest list before Sethra had ever talked to Zivra.
>

>Uh...did I put something in the book implying or stating that it was Zivra
>who requested that Piro be sent for?  If so, that was *major* screw-up, and
>I just can't figure out how I did that.  I can't remember ever, during the
>writing, thinking that was going on, and if I messed that one up, I'm awful
>curious about how I did it, and how I can fix it in future editions.

I never got that impression.  On page 201, Sethra is quoted as saying
to Piro, "Welcome to Dzur Mountain, Viscount, and thank you for
agreeing to visit me."  Which seems clear enough that Sethra was
involved in his invitation.

She continues to compliment Kytraan on his success, giving further
credence to this idea.

The only thing I can think of that would lead one to think Zerika was
involved would be on page 253, when Zerika and Piro meet for the first
time at Dzur Mountain.  She says, in part, "I have been anxious to
greet you for some time, but have been kept busy by a stern
taskmaster."  I interpreted that to mean that she had wanted to see
Piro when she found out he was there, but that Sethra had kept her
busy studying.

But others who might have the opposite impression can speak more
directly to that.  :-)

--

lazarus

 "Therefore, my Harry, Be it thy course to busy giddy minds with
 foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out, may waste the memory
 of the former days." -- King Henry IV, Part ii Act 4, Scene 5