Dragaera

The Plot is Discussed *spoilers for PotD*

Wed Jan 1 02:56:48 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jag" <agrajag at dragaera.net>
To: <Gaertk at aol.com>
Cc: <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: The Plot is Discussed *spoilers for PotD*

Brust <skzb at dreamcafe.com> writes:

> > >*** Spoiler Space -- PotD ****
> > >

> > >*** Spoiler Space -- PotD ****
> > >

> > > Uh...did I put something in the book implying or stating
> > > that it was Zivra who requested that Piro be sent for?  If
> > > so, that was *major* screw-up, and I just can't figure out
> > > how I did that.  I can't remember ever, during the writing,
> > > thinking that was going on, and if I messed that one up,
> > > I'm awful curious about how I did it, and how I can fix it
> > > in future editions.
> >
> > No no, that was one of us.  This thread started discussing
> > what Sethra is doing and why, including her choice of Piro.
> > Someone suggested that Zivra asked for him (giving a bunch of
> > good reasons) and it appears a few people took that as fact
> > before Jag and I could show up with counter-evidence.
> >

> Actually, it was me who had fucked up.  I forgot about some facts that
> showed Piro was requested by Sethra, so I came up with my own thoughts
> about why Piro was chosen.  However, after posting them I went and
> reread some of the actual sections and realized how off base I'd been.
>
> Jag

Just finished the book.  I made the same assumption that she probably asked
for him just to have a familiar face around.  Can't say why I went there.
Didn't pick it up from the mail-list as I've been avoiding the spoilers
until tonight.   If there was something explicitly establishing otherwise, I
missed it.  Maybe I got there because it's something many of us would have
done in her place......

Don