Dragaera

Two words about two letters etc.

Chris Olson - SunPS Chrisf.Olson at sun.com
Thu Jan 9 13:16:10 PST 2003

> Just to have three theses here:
>
> The Serioli present the same Orb-problem I assert elsewhere.
> Someone-with-too-many-consonants-to-remember-his-name has the
> know-how to make Pathfinder, Blackwand, Spellbreaker, assorted goodies -
> how is it that the Serioli didn't ride into battle against the Empire
> on Morganti tanks?

I'll respond to this one (I should do SOME work today...<grin>).

The Serioli, we're told, created Morganti weapons so that
they *wouldn't* go to war.  "And it worked, for them," we're
told.  Given their love/hate relations with the things, I'm
not surprised that they didn't go running off to battle
Dragaerans with the things.

(Actualy, now that I think about it, it's funny that the
Serioli wanted to create a weapon that would make war so
terrible that no one would want to wage it;
and we here on Earth have invented weapons that,
one would think, would make war that terrible, yet we still
wage it.  Go figure....:)

Chris

"He is a lover of his country who rebukes and does
not excuse its sins." - Frederick Douglass