Dragaera

advances in tech.

Tue Jan 14 16:28:41 PST 2003

Hi, my "understanding" was that Salk used killed viruses while Sabin used
live viruses, that Salk was first, and that both vaccines are of use for
different purposes (protecting individuals or populations).  Also that
Enders, the guy really responsible for the vaccine (by growing polio in a
tube) didn't get any popular recognition.

My impression of Aliera and Co. is of lively intellectual interest
(ancient sorcery, genetics, witchcraft...) and not single-mindedness.

- Philip