Dragaera

Two words about two letters etc. (small PotD Spoiler)

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Tue Jan 14 22:45:20 PST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, David Silberstein wrote:

>Another thought that occurred to me, by the way, is that there may be
>certain rules and limitations on what sorts of methods may be used in
>warfare, and there is an agreement (similar to our world's various
>arms treaties on the use of chemical, biological and radioactive
>materials) or moral convention simply not to use certain types of
>weapons in warfare.

I just realized why a general ban on certain weapons might exist:
All warriors want their bodies to be sent to Deathsgate when they die.
Anything that mutilates the body beyond a certain degree may be taboo,
to the point where soldiers might turn on their commander if they
realized he or she was violating the ban.

It's an interesting notion, at any rate.