Dragaera

Two words about two letters etc. (small PotD Spoiler)

Thu Jan 16 13:56:55 PST 2003

> In a message dated 1/16/2003 3:13:51 PM Eastern Standard
> Time, "Ruhlen, Rachel Louise (UMC-Student)"
> <RuhlenR at missouri.edu> writes:
>
> >> From: Alexx S Kay [mailto:alexx at TheWorld.com]
> >>
> >> Pipes, on the other hand, seem likely to exist.  Do
> >> Dragaerans have plumbing?  Or is there some sorcerous
> >> solution?
> >
> > I believe they use sorcery to clean out the chamber pots. I
> > don't know how they supply fresh water to their homes.
>
> In _Teckla_ (I think), Vlad dumps his bathwater out the
> window, which means he doesn't have any drains.  I assume
> drains are much easier to implement than running water.

_The Phoenix Guards_ has a mention of a fountain that has
"fallen into disrepair".  That suggests piping (though sorcery
probably could fulfill the same role).  Are there any mentions
of aqueducts?  The size of Adrilankha and Dragaera City
implies that there must be some mechanism, whether sorcerous
or mechanical, to get large quantities of water moved over
long distances.

Alexx

Alexx Kay
Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employers
alexx at world.std.com
http://world.std.com/~alexx
"The men of London, or at least a small but significant percentage of
 them, seemed to polarise between writing into the papers with wild and
 heroic schemes for catching the killer, or writing into the papers with
 sick, masturbatory fantasies in which they pretended to /be/ the murderer."
    -- Alan Moore in correspondence with Dave Sim about _From Hell_