Dragaera

Two words about two letters etc. (small PotD Spoiler)

Thu Jan 16 14:10:03 PST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:56:55 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>> In a message dated 1/16/2003 3:13:51 PM Eastern Standard
>> Time, "Ruhlen, Rachel Louise (UMC-Student)"

>> > I believe they use sorcery to clean out the chamber pots. I
>> > don't know how they supply fresh water to their homes.
>>
>> In _Teckla_ (I think), Vlad dumps his bathwater out the
>> window, which means he doesn't have any drains.  I assume
>> drains are much easier to implement than running water.
>
>_The Phoenix Guards_ has a mention of a fountain that has
>"fallen into disrepair".  That suggests piping (though sorcery
>probably could fulfill the same role).  Are there any mentions
>of aqueducts?  The size of Adrilankha and Dragaera City
>implies that there must be some mechanism, whether sorcerous
>or mechanical, to get large quantities of water moved over
>long distances.

It's entirely possible Vlad just takes them for granted.  How often
would they come up?

Although a chase through the sewers......

--

lazarus

 "Therefore, my Harry, Be it thy course to busy giddy minds with
 foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out, may waste the memory
 of the former days." -- King Henry IV, Part ii Act 4, Scene 5