Dragaera

POTD question...

Thu Jan 23 08:26:41 PST 2003

>I have never read Jordan and, after all this discussion, I am not tempted
>to.  But if this list is going to discuss other writers, let me recommend
>Guy Gavriel Kay.

I'll double that recommendation.

>Tigana (an alternate history taking place in "Italy"),

That was the first series of his that I read and I very nearly quit after
the first few chapters because the plot devices he was using to get the
story started seemed hackneyed, to me.  After much pestering by a good
friend, I picked it up, again, after a year and never regretted it.