Dragaera

other authors? (was Re: POTD question...)

Thu Jan 23 17:11:01 PST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, lazarus wrote:

> This may be a good starting point for a new
thread.

> What authors do Brust fans really like?

In Sf and Fantasy, in no particular order: Diana
Wynne Jones -- I think every fantasy reader
should read the Tough Guide to Fantasyland (where
ale is always quaffed, the only available food is
stew and nobody wears any socks). Tim Powers,
most excellent atmospheres and really cool ideas.
Samuel R Delany, who I'm always trying to keep up
with (ideas wise that is). These have been near
the top of any list I've made over the last
twenty or so years. Also giving great words at
the moment, George RR Martin, Robin Hobb, Lois
McMasters Bujold, Terry Pratchett, Will
Shetterly, Pamela Dean and Emma Bull.  With
certain reservations, Connie Willis, Kim Stanley
Robinson.

=====
Ven