Dragaera

An unspoiled perspective on _Agyar_

Sun Jan 26 11:00:26 PST 2003

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 08:51:42 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

I think it could also be due to the subtlety of Steve's writing.  Most
novelists would be very ham-handed about it, if nothing else pounding
you over the head with the fact that there might be a surprise, or a
twist.

Steve's writing is so damned subtle and smooth you find yourself
halfway through it before you get a chance to step back and evaluate
where you are from outside the book.

--

lazarus

 "Therefore, my Harry, Be it thy course to busy giddy minds with
 foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out, may waste the memory
 of the former days." -- King Henry IV, Part ii Act 4, Scene 5