Dragaera

Brust vs. Zelazny

Mon Jan 27 17:10:53 PST 2003

Quoting Steve Simmons <scs at lokkur.dexter.mi.us>:

> And some of the strongest, most memorable Zelazny is the shortest.  'The
> Moment of Power' (I may have that title wrong), 'Last Defender of
> Camelot', 'A Rose for Eclesiastes' -- all of them would be lost if they
> were expanced or just mere scenes in something larger.

Don't forget 'For a Breath I Tarry', my absolute favorite short story of all
time (followed closely by 'Come Back to the Killing Ground, Alice, My
Love'). You're absolutely right. While I've enjoyed all of his books
immensely, many of Zelazny's short stories outshine his longer works.

As a sidenote, how ironic is it that my first post on a mailing list for
Steven Brust fans is about Roger Zelazny?

--
Ryan Grove
ryan at wonko.com
http://wonko.com/