Dragaera

Dragaeran memory

Thu Feb 13 00:53:25 PST 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, lazarus wrote:

> So possibly Dragaerans /do/ forget things, if they don't need to
> memory, or possibly if the memory just isn't important to them.
>
> One other thing we haven't addressed in this vein (at least in this
> thread) is psi-prints.  If they can use psi-prints for art, is it
> possible they can use them for memory enhancement as well?
>
> On the other hand, did they have psi-prints before Adron's Disaster?
> I noticed that Tazendra referred to a "picture" in Gyorg's room,
> rather than a psi-print.  If psi-prints are a recent invention, then
> that kills off this particular line of inquiry.

I'm in the "Sethra-is-not-relying-on-a-computer-and-Dragaeran-memory-
is-just-human-memory-souped-up-to-match-their-lifetime" camp - for one
thing we beat the whole tech thing to death.  And remember Kiera's eyes
not rolling back in her head when discussing "breaking the stick".

Re thought (memory) preservation, in _Taltos_ chapter 3 we learn that
Loraan is known (to some) for having "discovered the means by which the
last thoughts of the dying may be preserved temporarily in fluids."

- Philip