Dragaera

Literary Disappointments (was: The LKH thing)

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Mon Feb 17 12:14:58 PST 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Baralier wrote:

>Terry Pratchet. Discworld. I may be in the minority but after the
>third book I was bored out of my skull. Never bothered continuing. It
>didn't help either that a person whom I disliked thought they were
>the best thing since sliced bread.

When you say "after the third book", do you mean you read more than
three, or stopped after finishing the first three books in the series?

If you mean the latter, may I humbly suggest that you try again?
It is generally agreed that the Discworld books improved after the
first three.  I'd suggest "Guards! Guards!" or "Reaper Man".  If those
don't work for you, then the stories might just have too much whimsy
for your taste.  Oh well.