Dragaera

Speaking of Vlad and Kiera

Paul Knappenberger knappenp at interaccess.com
Thu Feb 20 09:06:52 PST 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Jag wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Ruhlen, Rachel Louise (UMC-Student) wrote:
>
> > > This question involves complete spoilage for a revelation in ORCA.

> > > 5. Other?
> > > --
> >
> > This is covered on Mark's Cracks-and-Shards page but hasn't been
> > discussed on this list. Here's my take on it:
> >
> > 1. In the initial books, Steve had no idea that Kiera is Sethra.
>
> I tend to doubt this.  Mainly due to the vial.  Why would Verra give
> Kiera the vial, or even know Kiera?  Most likely she didn't want to
> appear to Vlad herself[1].  So she gave it to Sethra, a non-God(dess)
> she knows who should be able to track down Vlad.  But likewise, Sethra
> didn't want to appear as herself, so she gave to vial to Vlad as Kiera,
> someone he already knew.  So I'm figuring SB was already thinknig about
> Sethra being Kiera when he had Kiera give Vlad the vial.

My theory was always that Kiera had stolen it somehow, and given it to
Vlad because he might have a good place to hide it and/or so that when the
original owner came looking for it, s/he wouldn't go to Kiera. I don't
expect that Verra would have handed over a vial of her blood to Dzur
Mountain, acolyte though she might be, with the hopes that someday Vlad
might be able to figure out how to use it to get Morrolan out of the
Paths, but of course I don't know the mind of a Goddess.

-Paul