Dragaera

Speaking of Vlad and Kiera

Michele Riccio mr1 at rcosta.com
Fri Feb 21 14:38:50 PST 2003

On 21 Feb 2003 at 16:32, Steve Simmons wrote

> I see what you're driving at, but must respectfully disagree.  We
> *know* that Sethra/Kiera is specificly training Vlad for some
> yet-to-be-revealed role.  In the process, she took a motherless
> Easterner with ownership of an ongoing business and turned him into a
> thief, a thug, and a cold-blooded multiple murderer.  Granted Vlad
> didn't love the resturaunt business, but there are other alternatives
> to it than the one she pushed Vlad into.

How was Vlad pushed?

It's been awhile since I read it, but hadn't Vlad started down the
assassin path by beating up Orca even before his father died (and
left him the restaurant)?  And, while Kiera may have given him a
reference for a job as a "button man", he didn't know that until later.

Unless Sethra/Kiera manipulated events to threaten the egg that
held Loiosh, which caused Vlad to sell the restaurant and thereby
become unemployed, and so be willing to take a job with the
Jhereg...I think I need a Yendi to help me straighten that last
sentence out...

Michele Riccio
mr1 at rcosta.com