Dragaera

comments, question about _Phoenix_

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Tue Feb 25 14:23:38 PST 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Philip Hart wrote:

#To those polite souls who have privately informed me how to spell the
#Demon Goddess's name, my bad.  I'll stick to tDG in future because I'll
#never remember which leterr (hmm, this joke is a total failure) in her
#name to double.  Probably I've been misspelling Khaavren wrong too - oops.

You've got his name right. The problem with Verra's name is that the
pronunciation Steve gave us for it, "veera", is at odds with the
spelling. It probably has something to do with different people hearing
different things when a god speaks... ;-)

-- Dr. Whom, Consulting Linguist, Grammarian, Orthoepist, and
   Philological Busybody
   a.k.a. Mark A. Mandel