Dragaera

[OT] Most Promising New Author?

Chris Olson - SunPS Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Fri Feb 28 10:31:54 PST 2003

> The recent comments on Mieville got me thinking....
> Which new author (first published in the last couple years)
> do you think is most likely to become a great?

Hmmm... I guess this depends on how far you can stretch
the words "last couple of years", but I've recently been
scrambling through Christopher Moore's books.  They're hysterical,
entertaining, and fun.

He's doing a good job of "doing for horror what Douglas Adams did
for sci-fi."

Of course, I love _Lamb_ the best, but it's a little too close to
my heart to be a fair judge.... :)

Chris (Now where did I put that hole for my head?)

"The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration
about it which the cheering influence of the
afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected
to reproduce."
 ~ Oliver Wedell Holmes, Sr. - "Over the Teacups" (1891)