Dragaera

more comments on tPotD (tPotD spoilers)

Joshua Kronengold mneme at io.com
Wed Mar 12 14:27:06 PST 2003

Ryan writes:
>So, basically, Skinter's number has come up, he just doesn't know it
>yet.  Who's to say his number has to be up?  Maybe he could be
>rallied and given a nice job in the empire?  Granted I can see where
>it's not likely but it I'd take a job offer over going to war with
>someone who just showed up with the orb.

It may, or may not be relevant, but it's probably worth saying that
the "Skinter" analogue in Vicompte (which I've finished since the last
time I posted on the subject), M. Foquet, never -does- make open
warfare against Louis XIV.  Instead, at it's height, there is a little
plotline that is often published on its own, known as "The Man in the
Iron Mask."

Which doesn't mean that Skinter won't seriously deviate from his
analogue (he is a Dragon, after all), but then, what is intrigue and
diplomacy but war by other means?  To a Dragon, anyway.

--
     Joshua Kronengold (mneme at io.com) "I've been teaching |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--him...to live, to breathe, to walk, to sample the   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'