Dragaera

another few comments on _tPotD_

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Sun Mar 16 23:50:08 PST 2003

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Philip Hart wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, David Silberstein wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Philip Hart wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty sure it's stated somewhere that Kieron entered that Paths
>> alive.
>
>Hmm, I'll take that under advisement.  I thought somewhere it's said
>(I'd guess _Jhereg_, when Aliera's letting Vlad pump her) that the
>strain of trying to get the other Houses to accept the Jhereg was
>what got Kieron killed.

She does say that, doesn't she?  Now I think I misremembered.  Bother.

>Do we know there were no pre-Interregnum resurrection?  Ah yes,
>_Phoenix_, Lesson 8, tDG talking to Vlad about the upgraded skills of
>sorcerers.

There's also the fact that in Phoenix Guards & FHYA, various persons
sustain fatal injuries which do not sever the spinal cord, and yet
revivification is never mentioned as an option.

>> >Bottom of page 392 - "Zerika the Fourth".  Maybe we knew her title
>> >already, but I was surprised.  It takes some chutzpah to name one's
>> >child after the cofounder of the empire...

>  I was more thinking that we haven't heard about Kieron XI, and that
>Phoenix emporers have had a bad track record...

Well, Dragons (indeed, each House) may have different standards for
names.

>  As far as I know "Zerika"  is Zerika's entire name.  If I met an Al
>I wouldn't blink, but if I met an Al Einstein I would...

But we have no idea how rare or common "Zerika" is as a name.  Perhaps
it's as common and ordinary as Elizabeth or Mary or Anne.