Dragaera

... (and some stuff on Athyra)

Dr. Kathleen Pereillo pereillo at optonline.net
Fri Mar 21 12:14:14 PST 2003

Having just reread Athyra (again!), myself... :)

[on page 82 of the omnibus version] Vlad is explaining to Savn that he left
the city, about the time of the Uprising (from Phoenix); which leads to the
discussion of conscription:

Savn:  "What's conscription?"
Vlad:  "When they put you in the army or the navy and send you off to
fight."
Savn:  "Oh.  I should like that, I think."
"Vlad gave him another quick glance, then almost smiled, and said, "I
wouldn't know, myself.  I've never been in the army."

I think Vlad isn't directly *lying* to Savn.  I think that he considers his
position in Dragon to be that of an independent saboteur, rather than a
member of the soldiery in Morrolan's army.

K-