Dragaera

Paths of the Dead query

Thu May 15 06:17:21 PDT 2003

Baralier wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this:
>
> http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/books/n2/n12766.htm?authorid=4564
>
> According to this site Paths of the dead was originally published over 10
> years ago by Pan (though as a Trade Paperback) and it's seemingly taken all
> this time for it to come out in Hard cover.
>
> I haven't read either as I'm still waiting for the paperback release.
>
> Are they smoking something they shouldn't or is there a "secret publishing
> conspiracy" going on here somewhere?

No it is just a confusion between Paths of the Dead (the most recently
published of the Khaavren Romances) and Taltos and the Paths of the Dead
(with the 'Taltos and the' is small letters and 'Paths of the Dead' in
big letters) which is the book with Taltos and Morrolan going through
the Paths. I believe it if more often refered to as Taltos although
until I joined this group and PoTD came out I knew it as Paths of the
Dead. They are different books but with confusingly similar names.

Hope that helps,

;-)

Fides