Dragaera

Paths of the Dead query

Thu May 15 09:11:23 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 09:17, Fides wrote:
> Baralier wrote:
> > Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this:
> >
> > http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/books/n2/n12766.htm?authorid=4564
> >
> > According to this site Paths of the dead was originally published over 10
> > years ago by Pan (though as a Trade Paperback) and it's seemingly taken all
> > this time for it to come out in Hard cover.
> >
> > I haven't read either as I'm still waiting for the paperback release.
> >
> > Are they smoking something they shouldn't or is there a "secret publishing
> > conspiracy" going on here somewhere?
> >

> No it is just a confusion between Paths of the Dead (the most recently
> published of the Khaavren Romances) and Taltos and the Paths of the Dead
> (with the 'Taltos and the' is small letters and 'Paths of the Dead' in
> big letters) which is the book with Taltos and Morrolan going through
> the Paths. I believe it if more often refered to as Taltos although
> until I joined this group and PoTD came out I knew it as Paths of the
> Dead. They are different books but with confusingly similar names.

Strange.  I noticed that confusion on the webpage as well.  However, I'd
never heard it called 'Taltos and the Paths of the Dead' until today.  I
have the 1988 Ace paperback edition which just calls it 'Taltos'.  For
reference, this is the copy I have, and the only one I've ever seen:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0441182003/ref=lib_dp_TFCV/104-6138601-6027105?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader#reader-link