Dragaera

Paths of the Dead query

Thu May 15 10:13:44 PDT 2003

Jag wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 09:17, Fides wrote:

>>No it is just a confusion between Paths of the Dead (the most recently
>>published of the Khaavren Romances) and Taltos and the Paths of the Dead
>>(with the 'Taltos and the' is small letters and 'Paths of the Dead' in
>>big letters) which is the book with Taltos and Morrolan going through
>>the Paths. I believe it if more often refered to as Taltos although
>>until I joined this group and PoTD came out I knew it as Paths of the
>>Dead. They are different books but with confusingly similar names.
>

> Strange.  I noticed that confusion on the webpage as well.  However, I'd
> never heard it called 'Taltos and the Paths of the Dead' until today.  I
> have the 1988 Ace paperback edition which just calls it 'Taltos'.  For
> reference, this is the copy I have, and the only one I've ever seen:
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0441182003/ref=lib_dp_TFCV/104-6138601-6027105?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader#reader-link

I have the 'Paths of the Dead' version. I believe it is published by Pan
rather than Ace.

I have tried to scour the web for proof beyond 'well my copy is around
here somewhere unless I gave it back to my parents'. Amazon.com doesn't
have anything but Amazon.co.uk has a minamalist entry
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0330307924/ref=sr_aps_books_1_1/026-1239277-3809209)
and the only other useful thing I could find was

" * _Taltos and the Paths of the Dead (Pan 0-330-30792-4, Jul ’91,
£4.99, 181pp, tp, cover by Fred Gambino) [*Vlad Taltos] Reprint (Ace
1988 as Taltos) fantasy novel. Volume 4 in the “Vlad Taltos” series.
[First U.K. edition]" from
http://www.locusmag.com/index/b73.html#A880.26 which leads me to think
that 'Taltos and the Paths of the Dead' was the UK title. Which would
explain, my being a UK person, why I have the version with that title.

;-)

Fides