Dragaera

Paths of the Dead query

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Thu May 15 14:48:58 PDT 2003

Steve, may I put this on Cracks and Shards for the possible disconfusion
of others?

-- Mark A. Mandel
   http://world.std.com/~mam/Cracks-and-Shards/
   a Steven Brust Dragaera fan website

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Steven Brust wrote:

#At 02:17 PM 5/15/2003 +0100, Fides wrote:
#>>
#>
#>No it is just a confusion between Paths of the Dead (the most recently
#>published of the Khaavren Romances) and Taltos and the Paths of the Dead
#>(with the 'Taltos and the' is small letters and 'Paths of the Dead' in big
#>letters) which is the book with Taltos and Morrolan going through the
#>Paths. I believe it if more often refered to as Taltos although until I
#>joined this group and PoTD came out I knew it as Paths of the Dead. They
#>are different books but with confusingly similar names.
#
#The book was called _Taltos_ when I wrote it.  It was still called _Taltos_
#when Ace published it. Pan bought rights for a British edition and, for
#reasons best known to themselves, re-titled it _Taltos and the Paths of the
#Dead_ and put a Hitler Youth on the cover.  If they'd asked me, I'd have
#suggested that this was a poor idea.
#
#