Dragaera

Loraan, Orlaan, Rolaan...

Tue May 27 15:49:00 PDT 2003

Mark, I'm reading a book by Steven Pinker called _Words and Rules_ which
leads me to suspect there may be deep brain structures at work here - I
suggest you expand your useful table.  I note that "l" and "r" are both
classsed as semi-vowels (liquids, in fact) - you might allow substitution
of the other s-vs, /w/ and /y/ (wind, yuck).  And the vowels of interest
here are both back-of-the-tongue - you might add /u/  or /e/.  I think by
doing so you can create enough character names for SKZB to populate the
rest of his Vlad and Paarfi novels, many may they be.