Dragaera

Book of Athyra

Wed Jun 4 12:02:38 PDT 2003

>From: "Iain E. Davis" <feaelin at kemenel.org>
>
> > From: Warlord [mailto:warlord at dragon.com]
>
> > Someone once argued the opinion that if you are comfortable reading
> > a piece of material, then you are not learning anything.
>
>I'd probably agree with that.  However...one doesn't always want to _learn_
>something.  There is a difference between "escape entertainment" and
>"entertained intelluctually" I think. :)

I have always thought that I can learn from a good book and that I will
learnt without noticing it or making any effort with a VERY good book.
Gaert's example of Asimov is really good.

De: Gaertk at aol.com (in order to include the other position)

>If I have to "acquire a taste" for something to be considered
>sophisticated, then count me out.

Here I agree with Ian. In Spain we use to say that Don Quixote is read in
different ways according to reader's age: childs fall sleep, teenagers
laugh, young adults enjoy it and senior adults nod to it.

Infórmate sobre las últimas noticias en MSN Actualidad.
http://www.msn.es/Actualidad/