Dragaera

How does someone get a link to the Orb

charles_sumner at harvard.edu charles_sumner at harvard.edu
Fri Jun 20 06:52:03 PDT 2003

At 11:27 AM 6/20/2003 +0000, Iván Rebollo wrote:
>... if there are just three open houses who accept to include members not
>born there (Jhereg by selling titles, Dzur fighting seventeen heros and
>Teckla becaming a servant), a half-breed will only be able to have a link
>to the orb and thus use sorcery through entering in one of the former three.

This got me thinking, how does one actually get a "link to the Orb?"  After
an Easterner buys a title in the Jhereg, is there a ceremony that connects
him and does that pass on to his family?  This gets even more confusing in
the Teckla scenario where all one has to do to be a Teckla is be a
peasant.  So if a Dragerean peasant from Greenaere or Elde moves to
Adrilankha, do they automatically get a link to the Orb, or do they have to
be formally recognized as a member of House Teckla first?

Charley Sumner               charles_sumner at harvard.edu

An open mind is one thing, letting geese
run around in there is completely different.