Dragaera

Cycle Turns (Was: Link to the Orb)

Thomas FURNITURE ARTIST WyrmOuroboros at comcast.net
Sun Jun 29 15:04:34 PDT 2003

From: Mark A Mandel <mam at theworld.com>
> #Consider the FACTS WE KNOW.
> 	[deleted most of very nice analysis]

It's always nice to receive a compliment from someone whom is generally
considered one of the experts.  Thank you.

> #So what does it mean when the Orb goes white?
> White is the color of sickness (Issola 71). So the Orb is warning that
> there's trouble in the system that it's part of?

Hmmm.  Hadn't thought of this possibility; forgot my _Issola_.
Entirely possible, even probable.  Consider a few more facts:

Princess Kareen (sorry, misplaced the name, it's been recently
mentioned by Mssr. 'I Find It Best to Keep Your Books Handy') is said
(by Morrolan and/or Sethra and/or Aliera) to have died during the
Disaster, before Zerika IV's birth.  It is possible -- not necessarily
probable, but again, possible -- that she was mortally injured during
the disruptions before Tortaalik was, instead of being killed during
the actual 'coming-into-being' of the Lesser Sea.  If she was dying and
in labor with the infant Zerika, and presuming there was a Phoenix
circling overhead, Zerika would have been the Phoenix Heir ... though
only if she survived.

I think that'd've caused a 'white' reaction from the Orb.  Which would
also mean that even if Sethra Lavode is telling Paarfi things, she's
not telling him -everything-...

Thomas Crain
aka Felix Eisen
aka The Wyrm Ouroboros