Dragaera

We need an RPG

Sat Jul 5 07:38:04 PDT 2003

(Various system suggestions snipped)
(I'm cc'ing this to the list that I was last on intending for the same
purpose)
------------------------------------
	System selection seems to cause the early death of attempts to
express Dragaera as a role-playing game. :).  I've seen it at least twice
before.  I would suggest that rather than selecting a system, instead
attempt to come up with a generic set of information.  Then each
person/group will be able to easily express Dragaera in their favorite
system.

The generic data may not need to be statistical at all but instead
descriptive. Such as a list of magic effects that we know are possible,
because we've "seen" them happen: Teleportation, Revivification, etc.
Possibly with some comment on how common/easy the effect is, but avoid
trying to define actual mechanics to deal with it.

However, it wouldn't hurt for everyone involved to compare notes about what
their favorite system is, so that later, they can split up into smaller
groups intended to convert the descriptive information into statistical &
mechanical information specific to their favorite system. :)

Iain