Dragaera

started rereading _TPotD_

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Sat Jul 12 23:27:34 PDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 Gaertk at aol.com wrote:

>"Steve Hubbell" <usagigoya at hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Philip Hart - Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:18:22 -0700 (PDT)  said:
>>
>>> Miska names Morrolan in the language of the Silatan - who
>>> are they to Morrolan?  And why does Morrolan not stick
>>> with a name in a language he speaks - maybe Paarfi
>>> simplifying?  Note that later (pg 82) Teldra calls them
>>> the Silites.
>
>I'm guessing that Silites speak Silatan.

*I'm* more bothered by the fact that in /Issola/, Teldra states that
"Morrolan" is from the ancient language of the Dragons.  Which might
be the same as Silatan, but really now.

>What bugs me is how Teldra [p. 76] knew his name was Morrolan in the
>first place.  Miska addresses him as "Dark Star" and the topic of
>languages doesn't come up until later.

Miska would very well have told Teldra all about Morrolan's different
nomenclatures.  Especially since he's the one that gave him the name
in the first place.

Also, remember that Issolas are good with languages.  She probably
knows stuff.

But when in doubt, blame Paarfi.